Helpful Tips For New Gardeners


Many agree that gardening is good therapy. It stimulates relaxation, increases self esteem and boosts confidence. Many people enjoy working outdoors, even if it means they have to get their hands dirty.
In recent years, gardening has made a tremendous comeback. The fresh air and physical activity can improve health, and who does not enjoy a bountiful harvest? The vegetables also taste a lot better without the harmful chemicals often found in store-bought food.
Gardening is not difficult. However, if you are new at seeding and planting, you probably could use a few helpful tips.
• Do not rush into your project - Start small and take it slow. Taking on a large garden requires experience and patience, skills newcomers may lack at first.
• Inform yourself - Read about your area, and find out what kind of gardens your neighbors keep. Not all fruits, vegetables and flowers grow everywhere. Each plant or tree requires a certain amount of light, type of soil, and a particular range of temperature conditions. If these conditions are not met, they simply won't germinate and grow. It is the reason why, for example, you won't find citrus trees in Maine or Minnesota!
• Know your plants - Read about everything you want to plant. How much water do your tomatoes need? Can you plant cabbage right next to spinach? Will your corn provide ample shade for your squash? When should you plant cucumbers? What kind of fertilizer will speed up the growth of your strawberries? The more time you spend researching your garden project, the more successful your harvest will be.
• Work in sections - Splitting up your garden into sections will help you keep a better overview of your project. Once one section has been completed, you can move onto the next.
• Map your garden - Gardening newbies will, most likely, be unable to differentiate between a lettuce or cabbage sprout. Prevent this from happening by keeping a map of your garden. You will always know exactly what is growing where.

9 comments:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...